We all know that Page Loading Speed has been the Buzz Word in the Internet ever since Google has added Page Loading Speed as an important factor in their Search Engine ranking algorithm.
Most of us have highly optimized our blog to make it load fast. We use various different tools like Pingdom’s Tool, Page Speed and YSlow to check out the loading time of our blog and then If it loads slow we do a number of tweakings in our blogs like changing hosts, changing themes, changing plugin and may others to make our site load faster.
We do all these and make our blog load faster but do we really compare it to the loading speed of other blogs in our niche? You may think “Why do we need to compare?” “What help will comparing the page speed be for me?”.
What if you have been losing to your competitor for months in Search Engine rankings for certain keyword/s even after having lot more backlinks then your competitor, having a higher Pagerank, Alexa rank etc. The only reason you may be ranking behind him, may be because your page loads slower than his. Would not it be a funny situation right? Yes, It would.
Practically you can check the speed of your competitor using the above mentioned page speed checker tools also but then you will have to note down the details and then again check the speed of your blog and compare and then another one…then another.
Thus to help you, I have added a great tool in my Blog. This tool called WhichLoadsFaster will help you compare the loading time of a number of websites all at once.
This tool allows you to compare the speed of two website all at once and gives you the result as to which loads faster and by how much percent. It always displays the time taken by each page to load in Milliseconds.
Some other features of this tool:
1) You can check out few cool matchups like Between Google and Bing and may others and see which of your favorite website loads faster.
2) You can test the loading speed of two sites and find out which loads faster.
3) Race Options: You can place 3 sites in the right side and 3 sites in the left to find out which side wins (Fun Tool)
4) You can change the settings to either Parallel mode (Both sites will load at the same time) or Serial Mode. Serial mode will load one side at a time to eliminate the possibility that the two sides will interfere with each other.
You can check out the tool either at my Tools Page or you can directly go to
If you like this tools then you will certainly like our posts. Do not forget to signup for our feeds to stay updated
Share this article
About the Author (Author Profile)Kori is the editor and owner of Netchunks, a premier blog about Webmaster and Blogging Tips. She intends to make the web a friendlier place by sharing info and articles which will help other webmasters and bloggers to become successful online.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Why I’m Loving BlogOnCloud9 - Danny Brown | July 21, 2010
- Why BlogOnCloud9 is the Perfect WordPress Web Host – Best Blogging Tips Online | October 7, 2010